Warm chicken salad
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
A gorgeous chicken salad that can be served warm or cold, perfect for a quick healthy supper. As part of an <a href=_http_/www.bbc.co.uk/food/collections/intermittent_dieting_recipes__Intermittent.html diet</a> plan, 1 serving provides 2 of your 6 daily vegetable portions. This meal provides 205 kcal per portion.
Season the chicken pieces on both sides with salt and pepper. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and place over a high heat. Cook the chicken pieces for three minutes on each side or until lightly browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
Spray the pan with a little more oil and cook the pepper for three minutes on each side or until lightly charred and beginning to soften.
Arrange the lettuce leaves, watercress, tomatoes, cucumber and pepper on two plates.
Slice the chicken breasts and scatter on top of salad. Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and squeeze the lemon juice over. Season with black pepper and serve.
- 2 small chicken breasts, boned, skinned and cut in half
- calorie controlled cooking oil spray
- 1 large orange or red pepper, deseeded and cut in to chunks
- 1 little gem lettuce, leaves separated
- 50g/1¾oz watercress, tough stalks removed
- 2 ripe medium tomatoes, cut into small chunks
- ⅓ cucumber, sliced
- 1 tsp thick balsamic vinegar
- ½ small lemon, juice only
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes