Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
From A Taste of My Life
Buy the best quality ingredients you can afford to make the most of this classic French dish made with raw steak.
Place the chopped beef, gherkins, capers and shallot into a bowl and mix well.
Add the mustard, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix well.
To serve, spoon the steak tartare mixture onto a slice of plain or toasted dark rye or pumpernickel bread.
Make a small dent in the top of the tartare and top with a fresh egg yolk. Eat immediately.
- 100g/3Â½oz organic beef fillet, finely chopped
- 2 gherkins, finely chopped
- 1 tsp capers, rinsed and drained, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Â½ tsp Dijon mustard
- few drops Tabasco sauce
- Â½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 slice dark rye or pumpernickel bread
- 1 free-range egg yolk
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes