Spiced beef stir fry wraps
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
From Chinese Food Made Easy
These spicy beef wraps with wasabi mayonnaise make a tasty snack or packed lunch.
For the beef, prepare the fillet by flattening it with a meat mallet or rolling pin, or cut it in half horizontally. Cut into wafer-thin slices.
For the wasabi mayonnaise, mix all of the wasabi mayonnaise ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
For the spicy coating, mix all of the coating ingredients together on a plate. Roll the beef slices in the spice mix, then shake off any excess.
Heat a wok until smoking and add the groundnut oil, then add the beef and stir-fry for one minute, or until browned. Add the rice wine and season with the soy sauce and a pinch of salt. Remove from the heat and stir in the coriander and spring onion.
To serve, wrap the spicy beef in the tortillas and top with the wasabi mayonnaise. Serve immediately.
For the beef stir fry
- 400g/14oz beef fillet
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 tsp Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- pinch sea salt
- 1 large handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
For the wasabi mayonnaise
- 1 tsp wasabi paste (available from some supermarkets and Asian grocers)
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- pinch caster sugar
For the spicy coating
- 1-2 tbsp ground cumin (to taste)
- 1-2 tbsp dried chilli flakes (to taste)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Â½ tsp sea salt
- warm flour tortilla wraps
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes