Smoked mackerel pate and cucumber sandwich
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
The refreshing crunch of cucumber and a dollop of cooling yoghurt are the ideal foils for the rich, smokey fish.
Flake the mackerel fillets into the bowl of a food processor. Add the yoghurt, horseradish and lemon juice and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pulse gently to a rough paste.
Butter the bread, remove the crusts and cut into neat squares.
Arrange a single layer of sliced cucumber onto half of the buttered bread. Spread the mackerel pâté on top and sandwich with the remaining bread.
To serve, cut the sandwiches into triangles.
- 2 smoked mackerel fillets, skin and pin bones removed
- 2 tbsp Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tbsp creamed horseradish
- ½ lemon, juice only
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- butter, for spreading
- 4-6 slices white bread
- ½ cucumber, peeled, seeds removed, finely sliced
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes