Rhubarb and okra chutney
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
Makes 700ml/1¼ pints of chutney
From The Big Allotment Challenge
The sweet/sour flavour of this chutney makes it a good match for hard, mature cheeses.
Bring the onion, okra and vinegar to the boil in a non-reactive saucepan. Stir in the sugar until dissolved.
Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until thickened.
Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
Pour the chutney into sterilised jars, seal, and set aside until completely cooled. This chutney will keep in the fridge for up to 2 months.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 160g/5½oz okra, trimmed, chopped
- 135ml/4½fl oz white wine vinegar
- 225g/8oz brown sugar
- 500g/1lb 2oz rhubarb, trimmed, cut into 1cm/½in pieces
- 1 Apache or red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4cm/1½in piece fresh root ginger, peeled, grated
- 50g/1¾oz dried goji berries
- pinch ground coriander
- pinch salt
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes