Porridge with berries
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
The perfect winter breakfast, this creamy-tasting porridge is topped with great value thawed frozen fruit and toasted flaked almonds for extra protein. With a GI of 51 this meal is <a href=_http_/www.bbc.co.uk/food/collections/high-protein_low-gi_recipes__high.html protein, low GI</a> and provides 310 kcal per portion.
Put the oats in a saucepan with the milk and 300ml/10½fl oz water. Cook over a low-medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly, until rich and creamy.
Pour into two deep bowls and top with the mixed berries. Scatter the almonds over and serve with the fromage frais.
- 80g/2¾oz whole rolled porridge oats
- 200ml/7fl oz semi-skimmed milk
- 150g/5½oz frozen mixed berries, such as strawberries, raspberries and blueberries, thawed
- 15g/½ozoz flaked almonds, toasted
- 150g/5½oz fat-free natural fromage frais
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes