Jumbo prawns with tomatoes and garlic
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
This fiery dish of prawns, tomatoes and garlic is perfect to warm you up on a cold winter night. If you want to turn down the heat use less chilli or none at all. As part of an <a href=_http_/www.bbc.co.uk/food/collections/intermittent_dieting_recipes__Intermittent.html diet</a> plan, 1 serving provides 2 of your 6 daily vegetable portions. This meal provides 180 kcal per portion.
Heat the oil in a small frying pan over a low heat. Add the garlic and chilli and cook very gently for five minutes or until the garlic is very soft but not coloured, stirring occasionally.
Add the tomatoes and lemon juice and cook for two minutes or until beginning to soften. Stir in the prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring, until the tomatoes are well softened and the prawns are hot through.
Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the parsley, season with lots of pepper and serve with the beans.
- 1 tbsp mild olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (or use ½ tsp dried chilli flakes)
- 150g/5½oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 250g/9oz jumbo king prawns, cooked, peeled and deveined
- 3 heaped tbsp roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- ground black pepper
- 160g/6oz green beans, steamed, to serve
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes