Wakame seaweed salad with miso dressing
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
From Saturday Kitchen
A wonderfully unique Asian salad of seaweed and wild mushrooms topped with a miso dressing. Perfect if you are feeling a little adventurous!
Toss all the salad ingredients together in a bowl.
To make the dressing, grind the sesame seeds in a pestle and mortar. Add the miso paste and mix well. Put in a small bowl and add the remaining dressing ingredients. Whisk well to combine.
Add the dressing to the salad just before serving, and stir to combine. Garnish with the coriander and serve immediately.
- 50g/1¾oz dried wakame seaweed, soaked in cold water for 20 minutes, then drained and rinsed
- 20g/¾oz dried wood ear mushrooms, soaked in warm water for 20 minutes, then drained, rinsed and finely shredded
- ½ Granny Smith apple, cored and cut into matchsticks
- 1 small carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 small handful of coriander roots, thinly sliced
- 1 handful of coriander leaves, to garnish
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- ½ tsp red miso paste
- 3 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- pinch sea salt
- pinch soft brown sugar
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes