Tomato salad Maman Blanc
Prep time 30 mins to 1 hour
Cook time 30 mins to 1 hour
From Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets
Arrange the tomato slices in a circle on a serving platter.
Scatter the red onion over the top.
Place the shallot, garlic, mustard and white wine vinegar into a bowl and whisk well to combine. Whisk in the rapeseed oil, then add the water (whisking continuously) to emulsify the dressing. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Spoon the dressing over the tomatoes then set aside for at least one hour to marinate.
When ready to serve, scatter over the parsley and basil leaves.
- 4 large Coeur de Boeuf or beefsteak tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- splash white wine vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp warm water
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 1 small handful fresh basil leaves
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes