Thai curry with mackerel and noodles
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
In a large pan fry off the red curry paste for a few seconds before adding the coconut milk, stock, finely chopped red chilli, fish sauce and sugar. Bring to the boil and turn down the heat before adding the mackerel pieces. Continue to simmer gently until the fish is cooked through.
Warm the noodles and place into the soup bowls. Spoon the finished broth over the top and sprinkle with freshly torn coriander leaves, together with the juice and zest of the limes.
- 4 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 500ml/17fl oz coconut milk
- 500ml/17fl oz fish or vegetable stock
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 4 fresh mackerel fillets, skin on but bones removed
- 100g/4oz fine noodles, cooked according to instructions on packet
- small bunch coriander, torn
- 2 limes, juice and zest
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes