Sweet potato curry
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
From Ready Steady Cook
Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and shallots and fry until softened.
Add the chilli, cumin seeds, curry powder and turmeric powder and fry for a further minute to release the aromas.
Add the tomato purée and vegetable stock, stir well and bring to a simmer.
Add the sweet potato and broccoli and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the sweet potato is cooked through. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
To serve, pour into a warm bowl, sprinkle with the fresh coriander and spoon the yoghurt into the middle.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ banana shallot, sliced
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp medium curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 200ml/7fl oz hot vegetable stock
- 250g/9oz sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 100g/3½oz broccoli stalk, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 15g/½oz chopped coriander, to garnish
- 50g/1¾oz Greek yoghurt, to garnish
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes