Sweet and tangy chilli beef
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
From Chinese Food Made Easy
This delicious beef salad is healthy and quick to prepare - perfect for a midweek supper.
For the sweet and tangy dressing, mix together the light soy sauce, lemon juice, orange juice, groundnut oil, caster sugar and honey in a small bowl. Whisk well to combine, then add the cucumber and chilli. Stir and set aside.
For the beef, heat a wok until smoking and add the groundnut oil, then add the beef and stir fry for a few seconds. Add the rice wine or sherry and cook for one minute.
Add the crushed dried chilli flakes, light soy sauce and pinch of ground white pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the beef is cooked to your liking.
To serve, scatter the spinach and sliced pak choi over a serving plate and spoon the chilli beef into the middle. Drizzle over the sweet and tangy dressing, sprinkle over the finely diced mangoes and serve immediately.
For the sweet and tangy dressing
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp groundnut oil
- 1-2 tsp caster sugar (or to taste)
- 1-2 tbsp honey (to taste)
- ½ small cucumber, halved lengthways, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, de-seeded, finely chopped
For the beef
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 250g/9oz beef fillet, cut into 5mm/¼in strips
- 1 tsp Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- pinch crushed dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- pinch ground white pepper
- 1 large handful baby spinach leaves, washed
- 2 heads pak choi, green stem variety, washed and sliced
- 1 small mango, peeled, stone removed, flesh finely diced
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes