Stir-fried pasta with orange and curry
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
From Saturday Kitchen Best Bites
Ken Hom mixes things up with his stir-fried pasta, with delicious results!
Heat the oil in a lidded wok (or saucepan) over a high heat until smoking. Add the garlic, ginger, onion and orange zest and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
Add the chopped bacon and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, or until the vegetables have softened and the bacon is golden-brown.
Add the red and yellow peppers, sugar, stock, chopped tomatoes, curry paste and tomato purée, then season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir well.
Reduce the heat until the mixture is simmering, then cover the wok with a lid and continue to simmer for 30 minutes, or until the sauce is thick and the peppers are tender.
Add the drained pasta to the sauce and mix well until coated and warmed through.
To serve, divide the stir-fried pasta equally among four serving plates and sprinkle over the chopped basil and chives.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh root ginger
- 1 small onion, peeled, chopped
- 2 tbsp finely grated orange zest
- 6 bacon rashers, chopped
- 2 red peppers, seeds removed, cut into 1cm/½in pieces
- 2 yellow peppers, seeds removed, cut into 1cm/½in pieces
- 2 tsp sugar
- 300ml/10½fl oz chicken stock
- 1 x 400g/14oz can chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Madras curry paste
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 450g/1lb dried Italian pasta, such as farfalle, cooked according to packet instructions, drained
- 1 handful chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 handful chopped fresh chives
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes