Spiced skewered lamb
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
From Chinese Food Made Easy
These spiced lamb kebabs are perfect for the barbecue.
Soak 8-10 wooden skewers in a bowl of cold water for about 20 minutes.
For the seasoning, combine all the seasoning ingredients together in a bowl. Add the meat and stir to coat in the spices, then thread the meat onto the skewers.
Heat a dash of olive oil in a griddle pan until smoking and add the skewers, cooking for 2-3 minutes, or until browned on one side. Turn the skewers over and cook for a futher 1-2 minutes, or until browned and cooked to your liking, then transfer to a serving plate and serve immediately.
- 200g/7oz lamb loin fillet, thinly sliced and then cut into small pieces
- olive oil
For the seasoning
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- ½ tsp paprika
- pinch sea salt
- 1-2 tsp light soy sauce (to taste)
- 1 tsp groundnut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes