Spaghetti with cherry tomatoes and basil
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
From Return to Tuscany
Boil the spaghetti in salted water until al dente.
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the onion until soft.
Add the chilli, salt and freshly ground black pepper, turn the heat up and stir.
Add the tomatoes and garlic and cook for a further three minutes.
Add the spaghetti to the sauce and add the torn basil leaves. Toss until the pasta is coated in the sauce.
Serve garnished with grated parmesan.
- 300g/10½oz dried spaghetti
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil, for frying
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, thinly sliced
- 20 fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large clove garlic, lightly crushed
- handful basil leaves, torn
- grated parmesan, or similar vegetarian hard cheese, to garnish
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes