Smooth and creamy raspberry chia pudding
Prep time over 2 hours
Cook time over 2 hours
This creamy, nutty chilled dessert is low in sugar, getting its sweetness from raspberries, coconut and stevia. This dessert provides 575 kcal, 7g protein, 22g carbohydrate (of which 11.5g sugars), 52g fat (of which 32g saturates), 12g fibre and 0.1g salt per portion.
Blend the crème fraîche with the chia seeds, vanilla extract, honey, raspberries (reserving a handful of the raspberries for the garnish) and salt until smooth and well combined. Add the stevia, taking care to taste after each drop as stevia is very sweet.
Chill the chia mixture in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight.
To serve, divide the chia pudding equally among 4 serving bowls. Garnish with the reserved raspberries, toasted nuts and orange zest.
For the chia pudding
- 400g/14oz of full-fat crème fraîche (preferably organic)
- 6 tbsp chia seeds (available from health food stores)
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 tsp honey, preferably raw, to taste
- 300g/10½ raspberries
- 20 drops pure stevia extract (available from health food stores)
- small handful toasted desiccated coconut or chopped almonds
- ½ unwaxed orange, grated zest only
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes