Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
From Chinese Food Made Easy
Make this takeaway favourite at home with our quick and easy recipe.
Heat a wok until smoking and add the groundnut oil, then stir fry the ginger, chilli, mushrooms and turmeric for a few seconds.
Add the bacon and cook for 15-20 seconds, then add the red pepper, carrots, beansprouts and cooked chicken. Stir-fry for one minute.
Add the noodles to the wok and toss for 1-2 minutes, then season with the chillies, soy sauce, oyster sauce and vinegar. Stir well to combine.
Pour the beaten egg into the wok and stir gently for one minute, or until the egg is cooked through. Season with a dash of sesame oil, then pile the stir-fry onto a serving plate and garnish with the sliced spring onions.
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 tbsp grated fresh root ginger
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded, finely chopped
- 5 fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 100g/3½oz smoked bacon, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 1 handful julienned carrot strips
- 1 handful beansprouts
- 100g/3½oz leftover chicken, shredded
- 250g/9oz dried vermicelli rice noodles, pre-soaked in hot water for 10 minutes and drained
- 1 tsp crushed dried chillies
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp clear rice vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- dash toasted sesame oil
- 2 spring onions, sliced lengthways
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes