Simple fish dish
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
From I Can Cook
Try this easy recipe for fish topped with a cheesy sauce and crispy croutons. Serve with broccoli.
Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Grease a small ovenproof dish.
Mix the melted butter and bread together in a bowl.
Mix the cream cheese and flour together in a bowl until well combined. Slowly mix in the milk until smooth. Stir in the spring onion and peas.
Put the fish into the bottom of the dish, top with the cheese mixture, then the tomatoes and bread.
Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through.
- vegetable oil, for greasing
- 25g/1oz butter, melted
- 1 slice stale bread, torn into chunks
- 50g/2oz cream cheese with garlic and herbs
- 1 tsp plain flour
- 125ml/4fl oz milk
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp peas (if frozen, defrost under cold running water and drain)
- 1 fillet white fish (such as cod), skinned and bones removed
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes