Rice noodle and prawn salad with chilli jam
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
From Ready Steady Cook
For the salad, heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the prawns and fry for 2-3 minutes, turning, until pink.
Add the pak choi and stir fry for one minute, or until just wilted.
Place the cooked noodles into a bowl with the coconut milk and coriander and add the prawns and pak choi.
For the chilli jam, melt the sugar in a small saucepan with the water. Add the chilli, ginger, soy sauce, garlic and honey and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Pour into a small bowl.
To serve, drizzle some of the chilli jam over the salad and serve the rest in the small bowl alongside.
For the salad
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 raw king prawns, deveined, heads and shells removed, tails left on
- 1 pak choi, leaves separated
- 100g/3½oz rice noodles, cooked according to packet instructions, drained
- 50ml/2fl oz coconut milk
- handful fresh coriander, chopped
For the chilli jam
- 100g/3½oz caster sugar
- 50ml/2fl oz water
- ½ red chilli, seeds removed, chopped
- small piece root ginger, peeled, chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tbsp clear honey
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes