Pesto pasta with roasted sea bass and sauce vierge
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
From Ready Steady Cook
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
For the pesto sauce, place all the pesto ingredients in the bowl of a small food processor and pulse until smooth.
For the roasted sea bass, heat an ovenproof griddle pan until hot and oil the fish. Sear the bass on both sides, then transfer to the oven to roast for 4-5 minutes, or until cooked through.
For the sauce vierge, place all the ingredients into a pan and heat through gently for 4-5 minutes.
To serve, stir the pesto through the cooked tagliatelle and place onto a serving plate. Place the roasted bass fillet on top and arrange the broccoli florets around the side. Drizzle over the sauce vierge.
For the pesto
- 3 large handfuls fresh basil leaves
- 25g/1oz pine nuts
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 25g/1oz parmesan, grated
For the roasted sea bass
- ½ sea bass fillet, skin scored
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the sauce vierge
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 vine tomato, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 150g/5½oz cooked fresh tagliatelle, kept warm
- handful broccoli florets, blanched
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes