Green bean and beansprout salad
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
Steam the green beans and mangetout for 3 minutes. Place in a colander and refresh under cold running water. Drain.
Place the beans, mangetout, beansprouts, onion and mushroom in a large bowl and mix well.
In a small bowl mix together the vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and sugar. Stir in the coriander and basil leaves, pour over the salad ingredients and toss together well.
Transfer to a serving platter and scatter over the spring onions, herb leaves and toasted sesame seeds.
- 225g/8oz fine green beans, topped and tailed
- 100g/4oz mangetout, shredded diagonally
- 175g/6oz beansprouts
- 1 red onion, sliced very finely
- 200g/7oz canned straw mushrooms
- 1 tbsp rice or white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 5-10ml/1-2tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp raw brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped roughly
- 1 tbsp Thai basil, chopped roughly
For the garnish
- 3 spring onions, shredded finely
- a few sprigs fresh coriander and basil leaves
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes