Green vegetables with mint caper butter
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
From Mary Berry's Easter Feast
A flavourful side dish that is wonderful with a roast.
Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the beans and broad beans for 3 minutes. Add the mangetout and cook for a further 2 minutes. Drain and tip into a warm bowl. Add half the mint, season with salt and pepper and toss.
Melt the butter in a saucepan over a high heat. Add the capers, lemon juice, blanched vegetables and remaining mint. Heating briefly and tossing together before serving. Serve piping hot.
- 300g/10½oz fine green beans, trimmed and halved
- 200g/7oz baby broad beans
- 200g/7oz mangetout, halved lengthways
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- coarse sea salt and black pepper
For the caper butter
- 30g/1oz butter
- 3 tbsp capers, kept whole
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes