Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
This chunky summery salad is quick to make and packed with protein. The wholemeal pitta makes a high-fibre accompaniement. With a GI of 45, this meal is <a href=_http_/www.bbc.co.uk/food/collections/high-protein_low-gi_recipes__high.html protein, low GI</a> and provides 374 kcal per portion.
Put the onion, tomatoes and cucumber in a bowl and season to taste.
Scatter the feta, olives and mint leaves on top. Sprinkle over the oregano and toss lightly. Drizzle over the oil and lemon juice and serve with warmed pitta bread.
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 100g/3½oz reduced fat feta cheese, drained and cut into cubes
- 50g/1¾oz black olives, pitted and drained (in brine not oil and preferably Kalamata olives)
- small handful fresh mint leaves
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 wholemeal pitta breads, warmed
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes