Goats’ cheese and white peach salad with truffled mascarpone cream
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
From Chefs: Put Your Menu Where Your Mouth Is
The quality of the ingredients is key to the success of this simple but utterly delicious recipe.
Pre-heat the grill to medium-high heat.
In a bowl, combine the chopped cobnuts with the breadcrumbs.
Cut the goats’ cheeses on a diagonal in half and roll in the cobnut breadcrumbs.
Place the halved peaches onto a baking tray and drizzle with honey. Grill until golden-brown.
Meanwhile, grate a little black truffle into the mascarpone and mix until well combined.
Toss together the frisée with the red chard and divide among four serving plates. Place a slice of the goats’ cheese and half a peach on top of each plate. Drizzle a little more honey over, finish with a dollop of the truffled mascarpone and a sprinkle of alfalfa sprouts.
- 40g/1½oz cobnuts, shelled and finely chopped
- 50g/2oz breadcrumbs
- 2 x 125g/4½oz Crottin de Chavignol goats’ cheese
- 2 white peaches, halved, stones removed
- 1 tbsp honey, plus extra for drizzling
- few shavings fresh black truffle
- 150g/5½oz mascarpone
- 100g/3½oz frisée (curly endive)
- 100g/3½oz red chard
- alfalfa sprouts, to garnish
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes