Goan lobster curry
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
From James Martin's Food Map of Britain
A really quick and easy seafood curry that would work well with prawns as well as lobster. Serve with pilau rice.
In a large pan, heat the oil. When hot add the onions and fry for 4-5 minutes, or until deeply golden-brown. Add all the spices, garlic, chilli, fresh coconut and coconut milk. Bring to the boil, then add the tamarind paste and simmer for 3- 4 minutes.
Stir through the lobster meat. Cook until the lobster is warmed through, then sprinkle over the coriander and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 50ml/2fl oz olive oil
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp mango powder
- 1 stick cinnamon, broken up
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 100g/3½oz fresh coconut, grated
- 400ml/14fl oz coconut milk
- 4 tsp tamarind paste
- 675g/1lb 8oz cooked lobster, meat removed and cut into large pieces
- 1 small bunch coriander, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes