Fresh pea, broad bean and ham hock salad
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
From Great British Food Revival
Make pea the star ingredient in this delicious ham hock salad recipe.
Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the broad beans and cook for two minutes. Remove the beans with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl of iced water to refresh.
Re-boil the water, add the peas and mangetout, cook for one minute then drain well and refresh in another bowl of iced water.
Drain all the vegetables, pat dry with kitchen paper then place them in a large bowl and stir in the olive oil and vinegar.
Just before serving, stir the chilli, spring onions, parsley, mint and ham hock into the peas and beans and add the pea shoots, if using. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately.
- 750g/1lb 10oz broad beans, podded
- 750g/1lb 10oz fresh peas, podded
- 200g/7oz mangetout, trimmed
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 mild red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 small bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 180g/6oz pack pulled ham hock
- 70g/2½oz pea shoots (optional)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes