Free-form trifle with berries and custard
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
From Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers
Bring the raspberries, blackberries and blueberries to the boil in a saucepan with the sugar and a little water. Simmer for a few minutes until the fruits burst. Set aside.
Slice the sponge cake into thin pieces and place these in a bowl or in four individual soup plates. Spoon over the warm fruits and some of their syrup. Trickle over the custard and, if you wish, dust with icing sugar.
- 500g/17½oz mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- 3 tbsp sugar, or more to taste
- splash water
- 500g/17½oz ready-made plain sponge cake
- 250ml/9fl oz ready-made custard
- icing sugar, to serve (optional)
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes