Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
This is a quick version of a family favourite - use ready- made white sauce and ready mashed potato for a speedy mid-week meal. Top with grated cheese, if preferred, and serve with green beans.
Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
Put the fish in a roasting tin and cook in the oven for about 10-12 minutes until opaque and starting to flake. When cool enough to handle, take off the skin, remove any bones and flake the fish into large chunks.
Mix with the eggs, prawns, parsley, peas and white sauce, season well and place in a deep ovenproof dish.
Spread the mashed potato on top and dot over the butter.
Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until golden brown and piping hot.
- 450g/1lb mixed fish such as cod, haddock, salmon
- 170g/6oz cooked prawns
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, shelled and cut lengthways into quarters
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 110g/4oz frozen peas, defrosted
- 425ml/15fl oz white sauce
- 450g/1lb mashed potato
- 30g/1oz butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes