Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
Serves 1/4 pint
Heat the oil and cook the onion until soft.
Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
Stir in the spices and cook for 2-3 minutes over a gentle heat to release all the aromas and flavours.
Stir in the double cream and bring to the boil.
Add salt and lemon juice to taste.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- I small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2.5ml/½ tsp ground turmeric
- 2cm/¾in piece of root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 3-4 cardamom pods, crushed
- 210ml/7fl oz double cream
- juice of half a lemon
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes