Crabcakes with watercress salad
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
From Saturday Brunch
In a bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, egg, crème fraîche, Worcestershire sauce and mustard powder.
Now add the crab meat and tarragon. Mix thoroughly and season to taste. If the mixture is too dry, add more crème fraîche. Put in the fridge to bind.
Remove the mixture from the fridge and shape into eight small cakes.
Shallow fry the cakes over a gentle heat until brown on both sides.
Serve with a watercress and endive salad.
- 110g/4oz fresh breadcrumbs, seasoned
- 1 large egg
- 55ml/2fl oz crème fraîche, full fat
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 450g/1lb crabmeat
- large handful of fresh tarragon
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- watercress and endive salad
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes