Crab and lobster tart
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
From Country Show Cook Off
Use ready-made pastry and this seafood tart’s a cinch – serve it with a green salad dressed with lemony vinaigrette.
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
Mix together the eggs, cream and nutmeg in a bowl. Season well with salt and pepper and add the parmesan, crab and lobster meat.
Fry the spring onions in butter in a frying pan and spoon into the case. Spoon the lobster and crab mixture into the prepared flan case and bake for approximately 40 minutes, or until wobbly in the centre.
Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Serve in slices.
- 1 pastry tart case lined with readymade savoury short crust pastry, baked blind until golden-brown
For the filling
- 4 free-range eggs
- 2 free-range egg yolks
- 425ml/¾ pint double cream
- pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 75g/2½oz grated parmesan
- 250g/9oz white crabmeat
- 1 cooked lobster, meat chopped
- bunch spring onions
- butter, for frying
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes