Cold seared salmon with chunky bean and pea pesto
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
From Saturday Kitchen
Sear the salmon in a hot frying pan and finish off in the oven at 180C/350F/Gas 4, cooking for 5-8 minutes.
Squeeze the lemon and spoon the vinaigrette over the salmon. Allow to cool, place in a container and refrigerate.
For the pesto, mix all the ingredients in a bowl and season. Put in a container and refrigerate.
For the salad, wash and pick the leaves and place in a container.
To serve, place the salmon on a plate, drizzle with chunky pesto and dress the mixed leaf salad with vinaigrette.
- 4 x 75g/3oz salmon portions, square cut down the middle
- ½ lemon
- 125ml/4fl oz vinaigrette
For the chunky bean and pea pesto
- 125ml/4fl oz pesto (homemade or shop bought)
- 50g/2oz blanched fresh peas, chopped roughly
- 50g/2oz blanched broad beans, chopped roughly
- ¼ bunch of mint, chopped
For the salad
- 1 bunch watercress
- 50g/2oz rocket
- 50g/2oz ruby chard or red mustard
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes