Citrus and pomegranate salad with chilli-honey dressing
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
Levi's colourful starter with a zingy chilli-honey dressing is a light and refreshing start to a meal.
For the chilli-honey dressing, mix together the vinegar and honey in a shallow serving bowl until well combined. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Gradually whisk in the oil, using a fork, then add the chilli and whisk again. Add more vinegar or oil, to taste.
For the salad, arrange the segmented fruit in a broad shallow bowl.
Sprinkle over the onion and mint, then pour over the chilli-honey dressing and mix well until it coats the salad.
Just before serving, sprinkle the pomegranate seeds over the salad.
For the chilli-honey dressing
- 5 tsp white wine vinegar
- 4 tsp clear honey
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red chilli, cut in half, seeds removed, finely chopped
For the salad
- 4 small oranges, peeled, pith removed, segmented
- 2 ruby grapefruit, peeled, pith removed, segmented
- 1 plain grapefruit, peeled, pith removed, segmented
- 1 small red onion, peeled, very finely sliced
- bunch fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only, to serve
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes