Chopped salad with peanuts
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
From Indian Food Made Easy
For the salad, mix together all the salad ingredients in a bowl.
For the spices, heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds. Once they begin to splutter, add the curry leaves and remove from the heat. Add the lemon juice and stir.
To serve, pour the spice mixture over the salad and stir to coat. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
For the salad
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp finely chopped cucumber
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- handful coriander leaves and stalks, chopped
- 2 tbsp salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 heaped tbsp desiccated coconut
- ¼ tsp grated ginger
- salt, to taste
For the spices
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- few curry leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, or to taste
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes