Chinese-style stir-fried beef with spring onions and green peppers
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
From Ready Steady Cook
Heat the vegetable oil in a wok until very hot. Season the sliced beef with the Chinese five-spice powder, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the beef to the hot wok and fry over a very high heat for 30 seconds.
Add the sliced pepper, spring onions and ginger and fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the soy sauce and sesame oil and stir to coat. Add a splash of boiling water, stir well and spoon into a serving bowl.
To serve, garnish with toasted sesame seeds, coriander and chopped chives.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 125g/4½oz beef steak, finely sliced
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ green pepper, finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 5cm/2in piece fresh ginger, finely sliced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- splash boiling water
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- small handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes