Chilli prawns with jasmine rice
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
From Saturday Kitchen
Heat a wok over a high flame and add the groundnut oil.
Add the garlic, ginger and chillies and stir fry for 30 seconds.
Stir in the tiger prawns and cook for a further 30 seconds, until the prawns start to turn pink. Pour in the hot vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
Add the ketchup, light soy sauce and brown sugar and mix well.
Add the lime juice and the blended cornflour. Cook until reduced and slightly thickened - about 5-8 minutes.
Scatter over the spring onions and coriander.
Ladle the prawns onto two serving plates and accompany with a portion of jasmine rice each. Garnish with a few sprigs of coriander and a wedge of lime.
For the prawns
- 3 tbsp groundnut oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp root ginger, grated
- 3 medium red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 200g/7oz raw tiger prawns, shelled and deveined
- 400ml/14fl oz hot vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- ½ tbsp light soy sauce
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 tbsp cornflour mixed with 2 tbsp water
- 2 spring onions, chopped on the diagonal
- 1 large handful coriander, roughly chopped
- 250g/9oz jasmine rice, cooked
- coriander sprigs, to garnish
- 1 lime wedge
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes