Stir-fried chilli chicken
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
From Chinese Food Made Easy
Recreate a takeaway favourite at home with Ching's quick and easy chicken stir-fry recipe.
For the sauce, put all of the sauce ingredients with 5 tablespoons water into a food processor and blend until smooth.
For the chicken, heat a wok until smoking and add the groundnut oil, then add the chicken and stir fry for 2-3 minutes, or until lightly golden. Add the courgette and red pepper and stir fry for 1-2 minutes, then pour in the sauce and bring to the boil. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Season with the soy sauce, and pile onto a serving plate. Garnish with the spring onions and serve immediately.
For the sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2.5cm/1in piece fresh root ginger, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- ½ red pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp brown sugar
For the chicken
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 250g/9oz skinless chicken breast fillets, sliced
- 1 courgette, sliced into strips
- ½ red or yellow pepper, seeds removed, sliced into strips
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 large spring onions, sliced lengthways
- boiled rice, cooked according to packed instructions
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes