Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
From Ready Steady Cook
Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes, or until softened. Stir in the curry powder, then add the chicken and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until the chicken is lightly browned. Add the peppers, beans and tomato and cook for 2-3 more minutes, or until the tomatoes and beans are tender.
Stir in the creamed coconut and cream, and bring to a gentle simmer. Stir until the creamed coconut is incorporated into the cream and the mixture is smooth.
To serve, mix together the fresh herbs and dress with the olive oil, lemon juice and salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve the curry in a bowl alongside.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 1 chicken breast, skin removed, cut into serving pieces
- ½ green pepper, seeds removed, chopped
- ½ red pepper, seeds removed, chopped
- 200g/7oz canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tomato, seeds removed, chopped
- 55g/2oz block creamed coconut, grated
- 100ml/3½fl oz double cream
- 1 handful mixed fresh herbs (basil, coriander, chives, parsley)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lemon, juice only
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes