Chicken and vegetable balti
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
Try this chicken and vegetable balti for a healthy curry that is quick and easy to prepare. As part of an <a href=_http_/www.bbc.co.uk/food/collections/intermittent_dieting_recipes__Intermittent.html diet</a> plan, 1 serving provides: 1 of your 3 daily low-fat dairy portions 2 of your 6 daily vegetable portions This meal provides 341 kcal per portion.
Spray a large, deep, non-stick frying pan or wok with oil and place over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for five minutes, stirring regularly until well softened and lightly browned.
Meanwhile, trim all the visible fat off the chicken thighs and cut each one into four pieces. Season to taste.
Add the chicken and peppers to the pan with the onion and cook for three minutes, turning occasionally. Mix the cornflour with 2 tablespoons cold water in a small bowl and stir in the yoghurt until thoroughly mixed.
Sprinkle the curry powder over the chicken and vegetables, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Tip the tomatoes into the pan, add the yoghurt mixture, 150ml/3½fl oz of water and coriander.
Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally until the chicken is tender and the sauce is thick. Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste and garnish with coriander.
- calorie controlled cooking oil spray
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 chicken thighs, boned and skinned
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into 3cm/1in chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into 3cm/1in chunks
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 150g/5½oz fat-free natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp medium or mild curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 227g/8oz tin chopped tomatoes
- 3 heaped tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander, plus extra to garnish
- freshly ground black pepper
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes