Cardamom and beetroot smoothie sundae
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
This healthy vegan smoothie is packed full of vitamins and given a gentle kick with eastern spices. Each smoothie provides 197 kcal, 4g protein, 18g carbohydrate (of which 14g sugars), 12g fat (of which 10g saturates), 2.5g fibre and 0.4g salt.
Blend the beetroot with two-thirds of the banana and all of the remaining ingredients until completely smooth.
Slice the remaining banana.
Divide the smoothie between two tall glasses. Garnish with the banana slices and a sprinkling of sesame seeds or cacao nibs.
- 1 young beetroot (approximately 120g/4¼oz), cooked
- 125ml/4fl oz coconut milk, chilled
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 cardamom seeds (see tips)
- 7 ice cubes
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- tiny pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- cacao nibs or sesame seeds, to garnish (optional)
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes