Butternut squash and pepper curry with orange and coriander
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
From Ready Steady Cook
Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onion until softened. Add the garlic and spices and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add the red pepper, butternut squash and red wine and simmer until the wine has reduced by half and the vegetables are tender.
Add the orange zest and juice and double cream and simmer for 2-3 minutes, until the sauce thickens slightly. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the coriander and stir.
To serve, pour the curry into a bowl and top with a dollop of Greek-style yoghurt.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, crushed
- 3 cardamom pods, crushed
- ½ red pepper, seeds removed and chopped
- 200g/7oz butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed and chopped
- 6 tbsp red wine
- 1 orange, zest and juice only
- 4 tbsp double cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes