Broccoli and potato soup with creamy pistou
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
From Ready Steady Cook
For the soup, heat the butter in a pan over a medium heat and gently fry the onion for 3-4 minutes, until softened.
Add the potato and broccoli to the pan and stir. Add the chicken stock and bring the mixture to a simmer. Simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender, then stir in the cream.
Blend the mixture with a stick blender until smooth.
For the pistou, blend all the pistou ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
Serve the soup in a bowl with the pistou and cream drizzled over the top. Garnish with the chopped parsley and chervil.
For the soup
- 55g/2oz butter
- ½ onion, peeled, chopped
- ½ potato, peeled, sliced
- ½ head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 400ml/14fl oz chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp double cream
For the pistou
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp double cream
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chervil
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes