Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
From Two Greedy Italians
The tender, air-dried beef makes this simple salad satisfying enough to have as a main course.
Remove the crusts from the bread and slice into small triangles. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the bread and fry on both sides until golden-brown. Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
Meanwhile make the dressing. Combine all the dressing ingredients and whisk together with a fork until you obtain a creamy consistency. Remove the garlic clove from the dressing.
Arrange the lettuce leaves, rocket, radishes and olives on a serving dish, pour over the dressing and toss well. Arrange the eggs, bresaola and fried bread in the dish and scatter over the parmesan shavings.
- 3 slices bread
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
For the dressing
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, left whole and pierced with a knife
For the salad
- 2 gem lettuce, leaves separated
- small handful wild rocket
- 100g/3½oz radishes, sliced
- 20 black olives
- 2 free-range eggs, hard-boiled and quartered
- 80g/3oz bresaola, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp finely shaved fresh parmesan, to serve
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes