Beef, asparagus and mangetout stir fry
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
From Saturday Kitchen Best Bites
Full of flavour and so simple. Substitute green pepper for the asparagus if it's not in season.
Place the beef fillet, sake, soy sauce, ginger, sugar, garlic and chilli into a bowl and mix together well. Set aside and marinate for 30 minutes.
Heat a wok until hot and add the beef mixture. Stir-fry for two minutes, until the meat is browned all over.
Add the asparagus and mangetout and continue to stir-fry for a further 2-3 minutes, until the vegetables are just tender and the beef is cooked through.
Add the sesame oil and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
To serve, spoon the stir fry onto two plates and sprinkle each with the sesame seeds and garnish with a sprig of coriander.
- 150g/5oz scotch beef fillet, sliced thinly
- 20ml/¾fl oz sake
- 20ml/¾fl oz soy sauce
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- ½ tsp soft brown sugar
- ½ garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 110g/4oz asparagus, chopped into thin sticks (julienne)
- 75g/3oz mangetout, chopped into thin sticks (julienne)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, to serve
- 2 sprigs fresh coriander, to garnish
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes