Baked peaches with crushed amaretti
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
From Return to Tuscany
Baking peaches will make even slightly hard and unsweet peaches delicious! Warm, soft with their sugars concentrated - they are a joy.
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
Melt the butter in a saucepan, but do not let it brown.
Mix together the crushed amaretti biscuits, the melted butter, honey and a dash of vin santo in a bowl.
Place a heaped teaspoon of the mixture onto the flat side of each of the peach halves and place on a baking tray.
Sprinkle with demerara sugar and drizzle with more honey and vin santo.
Bake in the oven for 15-30 minutes until golden. Serve.
- 50g/2oz butter
- 12 amaretti biscuits, crushed
- 2 tbsp honey, plus extra for drizzling
- good dash vin santo, or similar sweet dessert wine, plus extra for drizzling
- 4 peaches, halved and stones removed
- demerara sugar, to sprinkle
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes