Asian-style fish soup
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
From Ready Steady Cook
Place the fish head and tail into a saucepan along with the vegetable stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 5-6 minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients to the pan and simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
To serve, remove the fish head and tail from the soup and discard. Pour the soup into a warm serving bowl.
- 1 sea bass head
- 1 sea bass tail
- 300ml/½ pint hot vegetable stock
- 50g/1¾oz asparagus, chopped
- 50g/1¾oz tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 100g/3½oz shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- ½ lime, juice only
- pinch dried chilli flakes
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes