Amaretti and berry sundae
Prep time less than 30 mins
Cook time less than 30 mins
From Ready Steady Cook
To make the berry sauce, place the berries, icing sugar and kirsh in a medium frying pan over a medium heat. Bring to the boil and cook for five minutes.
To construct the sundae, into two sundae glasses, place a layer of ice cream, followed by a layer of amaretti biscuits. Pour over the warm berry sauce and melted chocolate, then repeat the ice cream, amaretti biscuits, berry sauce and chocolate sauce layers in each glass. Garnish with the mint sprigs and serve.
For the berry sauce
- 200g/7oz frozen berries, defrosted
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tbsp Kirsch liqueur
For the sundae
- 200g/7oz soft vanilla ice cream
- 50g ready-made amaretti biscuits, crushed
- 200g/7oz Toblerone (or other chocolate), melted
- 2 sprigs fresh mint, to garnish
This link may stop to work if/when the BBC removes the recipes